Following are the tools and raw materials required for Tabla Making:
• Goat Skin: Its used to make straps.
• Brass: Its used in Bayan making.
• Sheesham Wood: Its used in Dayan making.
• Chisel: Long bladed hand tool with a beveled cutting edge.
• Cutting Plier: Diagonal pliers used for cutting of straps.
• Soft Cover: Its used to cover delicate drum heads from being damaged.
• Tuning Hammer: Its used in tuning the tabla.
• Syahi Masala: Mixture applied on the membrane to produce the sound from the instrument.
• Pointed Chisel: It is used to pierce hole in the leather sheet.