The following are the tools and raw materials used for making the Durga idol:
• Thin Ropes: These are used to hold the hay together for the required shapes
• Hay: It is used to make the required base structure of the idol.
• Sticks: These are used to give support to the idols.
• Bamboo Sticks: These are used as the bottom base for making the idols.
• Rice Husk: It is used to mix with clay to make it stiff.
• Clay: It is used for the base and the final touch-ups of making the Durga idol.
• Water Colours: It is used to colour the Durga idol as per its forms.
• Mould: It is generally used to make jewellery for the Durga idol.
• Plastic Cover: It is used to store the clay in moist conditions.
• Paint Brushes: Different sizes of paint brushes are used to paint the details of
• Water: It is used to keep the clay in a moist condition for better making of the clay
• Machete: It is used to cut jute fiber into small pieces.