The Bombay Municipal Corporation Building (commonly abbreviated and referred to as BMC) located in front of Chhtrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) houses one the biggest civic organization in the country. The official civic body governing the city of Mumbai operates from this building. The building forms a ‘V’ shape when viewed from top. The foundation stone for the building was laid on 9th December, 1884 and the work on the building was completed in 1893. It is designed by F.W. Stevens in the Gothic style which is peculiar to a lot of other buildings seen in the vicinity.