Old Goa is the former colonial capital of Goa. The site is maintained by the Archaeological Survey of India, and is a UNESCO listed World Heritage site. Full of history, it today is home to some scenic churches and convents, that are well maintained and worth a visit.
Crosses of Miracles. In the southern outskirts of Old Goa is a hill on which stand this convent and church. A church, specially built in 1619 to house the Cross of Miracles, having crumbled, the present church was built on the same spot in 1674. In 1835, the Church and the convent were abandoned. The Cross of Miracles was transferred to a chapel in the St. Cathedral in 1845.