Wool weaving is a traditional craft in Uttarakhand. Wool is extracted from different animals like sheep, goat and rabbit. Handloom, Flying-shuttle, charkha, traditional furnace and pit-loom are used as the tools to weave products. The wool is cleaned and washed by hand to make the yarn for weaving process.
List of Tools and Raw Material:
• Wool- it is the foremost raw material used.
• Weighing machine-it is used to check weight of wool before dying process.
• Flying shuttle-this helps in making different types of designs.
• Pit looms-helps in weaving.
• Charkha-it is used to make the yarn into spools.
• Carding machine-used to clean and clear entangle in wool.