Glass is one of the oldest material used in packaging. Below are the reasons glass is chosen for packaging.
• Glass is a heavy packaging material, chosen for its strength and clean appearance.
• It is used for categories like pharmaceuticals, food and beauty products.
• Highly sustainable and impervious to market volatility of oil based products.
• 100% recyclable.
• Form can be customized according to budget, available in variety of colours and surface finish can alter by using different manufacturing process.
• Labelling can be done by different methods (paper label, etching, screen printing) and can explore textured glass surface on by frosting or sandblasting.
Glass bottle to store Beverages like Liquor
Image Source: Design Secrets: Packaging