This course introduces the principle of Sustainability in the design of products and product systems. It will introduce the issues, methods and tools used for the analysis and measurement of sustainability as applied to a system. Topics covered include:
- An introduction to the theory and practice of System Design for Sustainability.
- Product Service System (PSS) design for Sustainability.
- Evolution of sustainability within design.
- Life Cycle Design : methods, tools, strategies, guidelines
- System (PSS) design for eco efficiency: criteria, guidelines
- System design for socio-ethical sustainability (emerging context): criteria, guidelines
- System design in emerging contexts
- Evolutionary transition path; methods and tools for system design (system map, interaction story board etc.)
- Methods and tools for system design for sustainability.