Multiple tools and raw materials are required throughout the making process of the Athangudi Tiles. The tools and raw materials are purchased from Karaikudi market. The colors are made by mixing 3:1 ratio of color and cement and sand to make various designs in the Athangudi tiles.
• Birla A1: Quality Cement, sand and baby jelly are the basic raw material used.
• Colors: Red oxide, blue oxide, yellow oxide and other synthetic iron oxide colors are used.
• Aass: Iron designed frame used as stencils to get the required shape of the motifs.
• Glass: It is used to give the glossy effect to the tile
• Spade: Spade is used to spread the cement.
• Pitch Bowl: Pitch Bowl is used to mix the cement.
• Grinding Machine: Grinding machine helps in mixing the colors and the cement dough.
• Water Tank: Water tank is used for curing the tiles.