Bhujodi weaving is traditional craft in Bhuj area. Different types of tools and raw materials are used. Finest threads are used for the weaving. Flying shuttle is used according to the designs to be weaved. Traditional four pedal loom is used for the weaving process.
Tools and raw materials used in Bhujodi Weaving are:
• Bamboo Sticks: To held the threads evenly during warping.
• Warping Frame: Warping Frame is used to arrange the yarns evenly to the warp beam
• Dyeing Vessel (Tub): This vessel is used to colour the yarns.
• Wood Ash: Wood Ash is used to hold the two ends of the yarn firmly during piecing.
• Winding (Charaka machine): Charaka Machine is used to wind the threads in hank form for warping purpose.
• Wool, Cotton, Tassar Silk: These are types of materials used to make the Shawls, Stoles etc.
• Colours (Dyes): Acid dyes are most preferred type of dyes for coloration of the yarns.