Following are the tools and raw materials required for coconut shell painting:
• Coconut Shell: The painting is done upon the coconut shell.
• Brushes: Different sizes of brushes are used as per the design to be painted.
• Color: Acrylic colors are used in coconut shell painting.
• Synthetic Adhesive: White adhesive used to make a paste and to join the halved coconut shell.
• Cloth: It Is used to wrap over the jointed portion of the coconut shell to avoid breakage. Mud color cotton cloth is used.
• Tamarind Seed Powder: It is used as a sticking agent for paste preparation.
• Paste: A mixture of white adhesive and tamarind seed powder, small amount of water is used to make a paste.
• 3D Cone Outliner: Its Used for the ornamentation of the paintings.