The theme of the event: 'Typography and Culture'.
The Conference focussed on the following issues:
- Experiments and Explorations in typography and culture.
- Cross-cultural typography
- Typography design with multilingual scripts.
- Typography design in native (indigenous) Scripts.
- Typography design within local contexts.
- Research activities in typography and culture.
- Education in local language typography
Sub-themes for the conference:
The conference focused on the following sub-themes:
- Typography and culture in education
- Instructional Aid, Displays, Information Graphics
- Digital typography and culture
- Mobile devices, Tablets, Web Typography
- Environmental Typography and culture
- Signage, Installations, Graffiti or Street Art, Architecture
- Commercial typography and culture
- Advertisements, Packaging, Retail, Product graphics, Fashion
- Vernacular typography and culture
- Native Calligraphy, Culture and Typography, Indigenous scripts
- Visual Literacy with respect to Typography and culture
- Visual Ergonomics, Cognitive studies, Human Machine Interface, Reading experiences
- Typography and culture in Media
- Television, Movie titling, Movie posters, Subtitling, Typography in motion
Here you can find the selected final juried papers for the conference typographyday 2014 with the theme of 'Typography and Culture'.