12x12 or बारा by बारा or Dozen by Dozen:
What is Dozen by Dozen:
Photograph 12 images with each image described in less than 12 words.
12x12 is a format for creating a rich visual resource base by documenting a dozen images and each of these images described in less than a dozen words with an introduction to the topic in 50 to 100 words.The images could be based on interesting examples of Art, Design, Media, Architecture, Artifacts, Nature, People, etc. within the context of India.
We request your participation in generating this resource database. We request you to look around your environment and find an interesting example to photo document.
Document through photography as best as you can with care, select 12 from the lot, describe each of the images in less than 12 words with an introduction to the topic in 50 to 100 words and upload it on ‘Our D’source’ by creating a new gallery at http://www.dsource.idc.iitb.ac.in/ourdsource/
Format for Submission of 12 by 12:
- The size of the each (12 images set) image would be 1200x900Px (atleast) in jpeg or PNG or gif format in RGB mode in atleast 72dpi.
- Title of your topic
- Introduction to the topic in 50 to 100 words
- Text explaining each of the images in less than 12 words.
Some examples of what these 12 images could be:
- a craftsman weaving a basket or a potter making a pot
- making of an interesting 3D model or sketching an attractive image
- a roadside vendor making vadapav or decorating for a festival
- Motifs on a temple or an architectural monument
- images of patterns and graphics on autorickshaw or on lanterns
Please refer to the existing 12x 12 Gallery at www.dsource.in/gallery
Selected contributions will be uploaded on the webspace www.dsource.in and will be accessible as individual images as well as in the format of a slide show.
Certificates and Prizes:
First, the best winning entry will be eligible for free airfare, free hospitality and free registration at the ‘Typoday’ Conference (typoday.in) at Colombo, Srilanka during 23 to 25 February 2017 along with the award certificate.
Second, the top 25 contributions will be eligible for a set of 3 beautiful books on Posters Design using Typography along with the Certificate of Merit.
Third, If your contribution is selected to be uploaded on D’source, the selected contributions will be acknowledged and given a certificate of contribution.
Publishing on D’source:
Your contribution will be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Details here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/