- Mateusz Dubiel, Martin Halvey, Leif Azzopardi, Damien Anderson, and Syl- vain Daronnat. 2020. Conversational Strategies: Impact on Search Perfor- mance in a Goal-Oriented Task. In ACM CHIIR 3rd Conversational Approaches to Information Retrieval Workshop (CAIR), March 18, 2020, Vancouver, Canada. ACM, New York, NY, USA, 7 pages.
- Diana Perez-Marin. 2011. Conversational agents and natural language interaction: Techniques and effective practices: Techniques and effective practices. IGI Global. PWC. 2015. 2015 IATA global passenger survey. (2015).
- Nicole Novielli and Carlo Strapparava. 2011. Dialogue act classification exploiting lexical semantics. In Conversational Agents and Natural Language Interaction: Techniques and Effective Practices. IGI Global, 80–106.
- Mateusz Dubiel, Martin Halvey, and Leif Azzopardi. 2018. A Survey Investigating Usage of Virtual Personal Assistants. arXiv preprint arXiv:1807.04606 (2018).
- Mateusz Dubiel, Martin Halvey, Leif Azzopardi, and Sylvain Daronnat. 2018. Investigating how conversational search agents affect user’s behaviour, perfor- mance and search experience. In The Second International Workshop on Conversa- tional Approaches to Information Retrieval.
- Ewa Lugerand Abigail Sellen. 2016. Like having a really bad PA: the gulf between user expectation and experience of conversational agents. In Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM, 5286–5297.
- Pierre Andrews and Silvia Quarteroni. 2011. Extending Conversational Agents for Task-Oriented Human-Computer Dialogue. In Conversational Agents and Natural Language Interaction: Techniques and Effective Practices. IGI Global, 177–202.
- Diana Perez-Marin. 2011. Conversational agents and natural language interaction: Techniques and effective practices: Techniques and effective practices. IGI Global.
- Gisela Reyes- Cruz, Joel Fischer, and Stuart Reeves. 2019. An ethnographic studyof visual impairments for voice user interface design. arXiv preprint arXiv:1904.06123 (2019).
- Cathy Pearl. 2016. Designing Voice User Interfaces: Principles of Conversational Experiences. " O’Reilly Media, Inc.”.`
- Christine Murad and Cosmin Munteanu. 2019. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, HALexa”: the case for voice user interface guidelines. In Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Conversational User Interfaces (CUI ’19). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY,USA, Article 9, 1–3. DOI:
- Matthew P. Aylett, Pe rOla Kristensson, Steve Whittaker and Yolanda Vazquez - Alvarez. 2014. None of a CHInd. Proceedings of the extended abstracts of the 32nd annual ACM conference on Human factors in computing systems - CHI EA ’14(2014),749–760.
- Benjamin R Cowan, Nadia Pantidi, David Coyle, Kellie Morrissey, Peter Clarke, Sara Al-Shehri, David Earley, and Natasha Bandeira. 2017. "What Can I Help You With?": Infrequent Users’ Experiences of Intelligent Personal Assistants. Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services- Mobile HCI’17(2017),1–12.
While some sets of VUI heuristics have been appearing in aca- demic research currently [16, 18].
- Ewa Luger and Abigail Sellen. 2016. "Like Having a Really Bad PA": The Gulf between User Expectation and Experience of Conversational Agents. Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - CHI ’16 (2016),5286–5297.
- Cosmin Munteanu, Ben Cowan, Keisuke Nakamura, PourangIrani, Sharon Oviatt, Matthew Aylett, Gerald Penn, Shimei Pan, Nikhil Sharma, Frank Rudzicz, and Randy Gomez. 2017. Designing Speech, Acoustic and Multimodal Interactions. Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems - CHI EA ’17 (2017), 601–608.
- Nicole Yankelovich, Gina-Anne Levow, and Matt Marx. 1995. Designing Speech Acts. Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems-CHI’95(1995),369–376.
Case Study Download:
• A Conversational Design Approach to Railway Enquiry for Mumbai CSMT......