Jump to navigation
The idea of this Bicycle design was to create a form that should be able to serve the physical and psychological expectations of the adolescent as he grows.
The final concept for the design was made focusing on below points:
- Mechanism design for the extended usability and value addition.
- Form incorporating this mechanism that could convey the change as the evolution, respecting the expectations of the direct user, the adolescent.
The aim of the project was to understand a bicycle, user(s) psychology and then explore the new possibilities of extending usability by value addition to the existing product. And finally, evolve a 'form' that may incorporate the function and emotion.
Different design concepts explored during the process were:
- Design concepts having a mild or conventional visual vocabulary.
- Design concepts with futuristic and unconventional visual vocabulary.
- Design concepts within existing image with a futuristic or unconventional visual vocabulary.
The Mechanism Design developed was based on following details:
- Why wheel base extension?
- Stages of evolution.
- The seat height adjusting mechanism.
- The maintenance of rake angle.