Before you begin
What is the module about?
Welcome to the "Sustainability and design" module! We have been learning many design concepts and skills. For the next six sessions, you will be learning about the need to change the way we design thins and how we can make that change.
We will will be doing different kinds of things in this module like....
Let's talk about the activities. We have three kinds of activities- class, home and long activities:
• Class talk are done during class hours, mostly in groups
• Hone activities are done at home, individually
• Long activities are done in smaller groups during class hours and finally lead to a presentation.
In many of the following activities, you would need to make maps of collages. If you feel you need more area to work on your task, go ahead and use another paper, and stick it to the page of your task book!
Lets ask some big questions!
Let's start this module by pondering about some important questions:
• Can we continue the current relationship we have with our environment?
• What does "sustainability" mean to us?
• How are things made? How can we ensure what we take from Earth is utilized fully and returned?
• Are there strategies to sustainability that we can see in our daily lives?
You will be using the task book along with your activities, so keep it with you for all the sessions! Lets try to ask questions and engage throughout this module and also... have fun!