Design a grid system for an A4 sized book that is to include assignments.
- Below mentioned information should appear on a page whenever a new assignment is introduced.
• Software: Adobe InDesign (none other)
• Objective: Understanding how grids are created and used.
• Project files can be downloaded from the References and downloads link on the left.
Following text will be included on each page/ assignment in the book.
Accuracy and neatness in execution
Devotion and diligence towards the work
Regularity and punctuality in attendance
Frequency and interaction with teachers
Presentation and documentation
Time management and punctuality in submission
Innovativeness in solutions
Industrial Design Centre,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Corporate Identity Program | 312
Date: Wednesday 27th Aug, 2003
Time: 2.00 p.m. onwards
(Course details as an element will be included on each page, but the course name and details themselves will vary.)
The book will be set as an 8 pager InDesign, facing pages document. Find the source file in the project files folder. How will you arrange elements in the given space and dimensions? Content for each assignment will vary and hence provisions have to be made for body text (the assignment itself), images, notes, references and miscellaneous text such as page numbers.
- In Task 2 we made a grid for a single page.
- In Task 3 we will understand how grid helps us design for a system, in this case a book.
- Try constructing your own grid based on earlier tasks and presentations seen so far.
Don’t forget to brush up principles discussed in the earlier courses mentioned below:
• Designed coursework in Visual Communication
• Visual Order
• Design Critics and Analytics