The craft employs varieties of tools necessary in the entire process tile making to obtain the Athangudi tiles. The raw materials include local sand that is conducive to the process, cement, glass for the foundation material. Apart from this, the designs and patterns are still conventional but a few modern modifications are available in the market due to consumer demand.
1. Frame: Used to clasp the glass square on which the process is carried out.
2. Colors: To make the motif. These are chemical oxides mixed with cement to add viscosity.
3. Ladles: To transfer the color on to the tiles.
4. Local Sand
6. Spade: Used to spread the mix over the glass frame with the coloured pattern.
7. Jigsaw Blade: Used to remove superfluous material and smoothen the tile.
8. Water Tank: Used to submerge the tiles for curing.
9. Mixing Machine: Used to mix cement and sand.