Raw materials: In Allahabad, Furniture is made using bamboo as it is flexible.
Bamboo - The natural eco-friendly material is procured from Kolkata as it is the major producer of bamboo in the eastern region of India.
Chadi - thin cane is bought from Gorakhpur.
Mota Cane - thicker cane is from Assam.
Patri - is the processed cane skin which is used for binding.
Gola - is the thin processed cane used to round/bind the bamboo frame. This is imported from Malaysia.
List of tools:
• Hatoda: Hammer is used during furniture making to pierce the nails.
• Cutter: Its used to cut the thin cane.
• Jamura: Its the tool used to pull the cane.
• Mungri: A wooden tool used to bend and shape the bamboo.
• Chaaku: Knife used to scrap the burned bamboo skin to make the texture smooth.
• Talwar: Another type of knife used to smoothen and beautify the bamboo texture.
• Kerosene Lamp: Its used to heat the bamboo.
• Tape: Its made out of bamboo split is used for measurement during furniture making process.
• Hacksaw: Its used to cut the bamboo.