The tools and raw materials that are used for carpet weaving are:
• Raw Cotton Thread Bundles: Cotton yarn, which comes in the lot is a primary raw material used for making Warangal carpets, it is used as it is, in few occasions or is generally dyed before making it into a carpet.
• Shuttle: Shuttle along with pirn is used in horizontal weaving in hand operated loom machines, it is made out of wood is conical in shape from both the sides, which helps it to glide smoothly.
• Dyeing Vessel: A dyeing vessel is used along with an attached wood fired chimney to heat the water inside it, for the dyeing process.
• Warping Frame: Warping frame is used to make a bundle of parallel threads, which can be transferred to the loom, to start the weaving process.
• “T” Shaped Pole: This pole is used for stacking up the wet thread bundles and twisting them to remove excess water.
• Dye: Chemical dye is used in dyeing of cotton yarns, of varying grades and colors.
• Pit Loom: A pit loom is used for weaving the carpet, which will be at ground level and is basically pedal and hand operated.
• Brush: Brush is used to segregate the warping thread bundles, from time to time, so that it does not get tangled during the weaving process.