Different types of tools are used to make ceramic pottery. The materials used to make these beautiful articles are:
• The main material used is clay. Two to three varieties of clay powder is mixed into one dough of clay. Type of clay used are Quarts clay, Phosphate clay, Bikaner clay and china clay.
• For molding ceramic article, molds are prepared from POP as they absorb water and allow the article to obtain the shape.
• To color the products oxide chemical colors are used obtained from iron, Zinc, Cobalt or cobalt carbonate, chromium oxide, iron oxide, nickel oxide, etc. Chromium oxide can yield a variety of colors: red, yellow, pink, brown, and especially green. Nickel Oxide is used to produce greys and browns. The colors are mixed with glaze solution and applied on the products which shows its reaction while heating and bring out the required color.
• Glaze solution is used to give and shine to the product. It adds a decorative dimension of color and texture on the finished products.
• Kiln is used to bake the articles after making them.
• Jigger and Jolly machine is used to make the small articles with the help of the mold.