The Materials used in production process are mainly natural and procured from local forests mainly dye colors. Few natural colors used for dyeing are imported from other places. Colors used in block print are chemical colors. Basic core material used in process is cotton procured from Salem and Davanagere and also from government for subsidiary prices.
• Spinning wheel.
• Fly-shuttle used in weaving process.
• Simple frame loom.
• Huge containers used in dyeing process to mix the color.
• Earthen pots to mix the indigo dye.
• Sewing machine for stitching.
• Wooden blocks for printing the design.
• Pure cotton Yarn.
• Natural dye colors like pomegranate skin for yellow.
• Natural indigo for blue.
• Jaggery and iron is mixed and fermented for dark black color.
• Indigo, haldekai, spatika, Rangamale are other natural materials for dye colors.
• Manjista kaddi for pink and orange.