The following are the tools and raw materials used for karvat kathi Saree weaving:
• Cotton and Silk Yarns: These are basic raw materials used in the making of fabric.
• Loom: It is a machine used for converting threads into fabric.
• Shuttle: It is the one, which carries the weft thread across the loom during the weaving process.
• Warping Machine: It is used to arrange threads for weaving and to decide the length of the cloth.
• Spinning Machine: It is used to wind threads on bobbins.
• Bobbins: It holds the thread necessary for the weaving process.
• Charka: It is used to convert hank into thread form.