The tools and raw materials that are used for Kasuti embroidery are:
• Cloth: Hand-woven cloth or saree is used as a base material for Kasuti embroidery.
• Needle: It is used for stitching varieties of stitches.
• Threads: Earlier discarded silk threads were used for this art. Nowadays mercerized cotton thread such as Anchor thread is used for Kasuti embroidery.
• Cotton Mosquito Net: It is used to stitch design uniformly. Once the design is finished the cotton threads from the net are removed one by one.
• Scissor: It is used to cut extra threads.
• Embroidery Hoop: It helps in holding the fabric stiff and firm.