Typography Day as an event was organized for the twelfth time from 2nd to 4th March 2019 hosted by IDC School of Design (IDC), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Mumbai, with support from India Design Association (InDeAs), Design in India and Aksharaya.
The event that year was particularly significant as it was being held to coincide with IITB’s Diamond Jubilee (60th year) celebrations. As well as IDC’s Golden Jubilee (50th) year celebrations.
The theme of the event was: 'Experimental Typography'
The event began by featuring a day of workshops on Typography and Calligraphy, followed by an international conference themed on ‘Experimental Typography’, and dedicated to addressing issues faced by type designers, type users and type educators.
The Conference focused on the following issues:
- Experiments and Explorations in Experimental Typography
- Experimental Typography in the context of Culture
- Experimental Typography in the process of Learning
- Experimental Typography using Multilingual Scripts
- Experimental Typography in Native (Indigenous) Scripts
- Experimental Typography in Local Languages
- Research Activities in Experimental Typography
The conference focused on the following sub-themes:
- Experimental Typography in education
Instructional Aid, Displays, Information Graphics
- Experimental Digital Typography
Mobile devices, Tablets, Web Typography
- Experimental Environmental Typography
Signage, Installations, Graffiti or Street Art, Architecture
- Experimental Commercial Typography
Advertisements, Packaging, Retail, Product graphics, Fashion
- Experimental Typography in Identity Programs
Logos, Signs, Branding, Shop and Vehicular Signs
- Experimental Vernacular Typography
Native Calligraphy, Culture and Typography, Indigenous scripts
- Visual Literacy and Visual Ergonomics, Cognitive studies, Human Machine Interface, Reading experiences with respect to Experimental Typography
- Experimental Media Typography
Television, Movie titling, Movie posters, Subtitling, Typography in motion
Here you can find the selected final juried papers for the conference typography Day 2019 with the theme of 'Experimental Typography'