Tools and raw materials that are used for Veena making are:
• Bench Vice: It is used to hold the wood or any material for working on it.
• Chisels: These are used to carve or remove material to make designs.
• Hammer: It is used to deliver blows on an object.
• Cutter: It is used to cut the sheets for the required size.
• Planning Tool: It is used to even out the surface.
• Hand Drill: It is used to make holes in the objects.
• Files: These are used to remove materials or smoothen the surface.
• Emery Paper: It is used to remove the rough surface on the contours.
• Brass and Steel String: It is used on the Veena, which when struck, produces
• Brass Fret: It is used on the Veena, on which the strings rest.
• Jackfruit Wood: It is used to make the body of the Veena.
• Hacksaw: It is used to cut the wood into the required length.
• White Plastic Sheet: It is used in decorating the Veena by inlaying the sheets.
• Lac: It is used to add colours to the carved designs.
• Heating Rod: It is used to melt the lac and fill in the grooves of the design.
• Rosewood Bridge: It is used to support the strings of the Veena.
• Measuring Tape: It is used to check the length of the objects.
• Wood Polish/Paint: It is used in the surface treatment of the wood.
• Aluminum Dome: It is used as a support on the other end of the Veena to rest it
when not in use.