'Jodo' - Interactive Touch and Doodle Communicator
"Jodo"- means 'to join' in Sanskrit. It allows users to interact with each other using doodles and sense of touch while on conversation. Since sketching and doodling are intuitive, it can be used by all age groups.
Jodo also allows one to communicate in one's own written language, which in multi-lingual contexts such as India’s could enhance the product's iniquitousness. And, it carries the additional feature of being able to embed into itself, different types of vibrations, in direct response to the intensity of the ongoing communication or message.
We observed the tendency to doodle while speaking in the phone. Studying the act of doodling led us to observe finger gestures and patterns in finger movements. Can doodling and sketching be used for interaction, would it improve the quality of communication?
Touch transmitted as graphics patterns depicting finger movement could be explored as new means of communication. Close family members use the sense of touch a lot (especially during festive occasions). Can the sense of touch be used when the family members are apart?
'Jodo' - Salient Features:
• Enables interactions using sketching and doodling.
• Leaves an imprint, on the product, of the sketch and audio message transmitted.
• Records and plays back the doodles.
• Transmits 'touch' through graphic patterns.
• Sends characterized vibrations to emphasize the messages - vibrations from the 'ticklish' to the 'thunderous' to represent a range of emotions.