Jump to navigation
• THE CONCEPT OF THE FOLKTALE AND ASSAMESE FOLKTALES. (n.d.). In Shodhganga (p. 1). Retrieved from
• Lang, A. (2015). The Evolution of Folktales and Fairytales. The Blue Fairy Book, 1. Retrieved from
• Deka, M. (2011). Folklore and Northeast Indian History. Sociology Mind, 01(04), 173–176.
• Dutta, P. (2008, November). Physical Folklife of Assam. Indian Folklife, (31). Retrieved from
• Folk literature - Folktale. (n.d.). Retrieved from
• Pal, S. (2016, October 18). Setting the Stage: 12 Little Known Traditional Folk Theatre Forms of India. Retrieved from
• Maniace, Emily M., "Reading Process Comparison between Graphic Novel and Traditional Novels" (2014). Education and Human Development Master's Theses. 529.
• Hinchman, K. A., Appleman, D. A., & Alvermann, D. E. (2017). Adolescent Literacies: A Handbook of Practice-Based Research (1st ed.). NYC, United States: The Guilford Press.
•Indie Film Hustle. (2016, July 11). Screenwriting: The Six Stages of Character Development - IFH Film School - The Hero’s Journey [Video file]. In YouTube. Retrieved from
• Nicholas, Judy Lavender, "An exploration of the impact of picture book illustrations on the comprehension skills and vocabulary development of emergent readers" (2007). LSU Doctoral Dissertations. 801.
• "The Idea of Folklore: An Essay," in Issachar Ben-Ami and Joseph Dan, eds. Studies in Aggadah and Jewish Folklore. Folklore Research Center Studies VII. Jerusalem: The Magnes Press, 1983, pp. 11-17.
• Field, S. (2005). Screenplay: The Foundations of Screenwriting [EPub] (Revised ed., Vol. 1). Bantam Dell.
• Propp, V., Scott, L., Wagner, L. A., & Dundes, A. (1968). Morphology of the Folktale (2nd ed., Vol. 1). Indiana University Research Center in Anthropology, Folklore, and Linguistics.
• Brooks, L. (2011). Story Engineering (1st ed., Vol. 1)
• McCloud, S. (2006). Making Comics: Storytelling Secrets of Comics, Manga and Graphic Novels (1st ed.). New York, USA: William Morrow Paperbacks.
• Eisner, W. (2008). Comics and Sequential Art: Principles and Practices from the Legendary Cartoonist (Will Eisner Instructional Books) (1st ed.). New York City, United States: W. W. Norton & Company.
• Useful resource e-links related to 'Graphic Design'
• Visual Communication Design at IDC, IIT Bombay