The materials and equipment are purchased from Gujarat for the handloom factory whereas local weavers purchase from Vijayawada.
• Silk: Silk is used rarely to produce silk saris.
• Cotton: Many products are weaved using cotton threads.
• Dye Colours: For cotton threads, fabric colours are used whereas for silk threads chemical colours are used.
Equipment used in reeling, dyeing and weaving processes are as below:
• Dyeing Machine: It is used to dye the threads in large quantities at a time.
• Weaving Loom: Small loom is used for weaving saree and big looms are used to weave bedspreads and
• Fly Shuttle: It is used to insert into fly-shuttle while weaving.
• Warping Wheel: Cotton threads are reeled on warping wheel.
• Reed: Jointing process is done on reed.
• Spinning Machine: Spinning wheels are used to prepare spools and spindles.
• Reeling Machine: It is used to prepare spools.
• Spools and Spindles: Spools are used while warping and spindles are used while weaving.