Jump to navigation
Following are the tools and raw materials required for toy making:
• Wood: Main raw material used for making Kinnal toys.
• Saw: The tool is used to cut unwanted portion of the wooden piece and also used for marking.
• Chisels: Different types of chisels are used to cut and carve the wood.
• Files: Used to smoothen the surface of the toy.
• Pins, Nails and Glue: Used for joining the wooden parts together.
• Tamarind Paste: Mixture of tamarind seed, gum and saw dust. This paste is applied to increase the thickness of the wood. Is applied to the toy to give complete shape of the body.
• Cloth: This is used to make the layer over the model to prevent from crack.
• Sandpaper: It is used to smoothen the surface of the wood.
• Painting Brush: It is used to apply the color over the model.
• Colors: Natural colors are used.
• Wooden Hammer: Carving process of the wooden piece is done by using hammer.