Daily Pulli kolam:
A pulli kolam drawn daily at a threshold is created by Mrs. Raji Ramanan from New Delhi in the following pictures.
This is an example of a simple kolam that is drawn everyday at the threshold of a home after cleaning the space. The designs of such kolams are usually very simple, and do not take too long in creating. Dots are created first and these form the matrix around which the kolam is developed. Also based on the mood or the artistic ability of a person extra elements are added on.
In rural areas, the presence of such a kolam outside the home daily meant that all was well in the household.
1. The steps being decorated first by beautiful borders at the ends.
2. A tiny and a simple kolam created in the centre of the step to unify the borders.
3. Straight lines and zigzag lines are used to decorate as borders.
4. A tiny star shaped kolam is created on the second step.
5. The completed borders and tiny kolams on the steps at the threshold of a home.
6. A simple pulli kolam being made with the help of dots.
7. A nearly complete simple pulli kolam.
8. Simple elements being added to the completed kolam.
9. A simple and elegant daily kolam.
10. A clearer view of the simple kolam.
The stop animation film and the videos of the above daily pulli kolam can be viewed from the links below: