The tools and raw materials that are used for Usta art:
• MDF/Wood: It is used as a canvas for making Usta art.
• Sandpaper: Sanding paper no. 200/400/800 is used to smoothen the surface.
• Design Templates: These are used for reference design to be pasted on the working area.
• Akhbara: the paste of chemical putty applied on the surface area.
• Gold Foil: 24-carat gold foil is used for highlighting the intricate design.
• Acrylic Colours: Oil and enamel paints are used to fill the gaps in-between embossing work.
• Brush: Different sizes of brushes made of squirrel hair are used for painting.
• Tracing Paper: It is used to trace the design pattern on the surface.
• Charcoal Powder: It is rubbed on the tracing paper to print the design on the surface.