1. Use bamboo montage (Chandrika) or plastic montage.
2. 50 matured worms need 1 sq. ft. area in the montage for smooth spinning.
3. Mount 1000 to 1100 worms in a Chandrika.
4. Maintain 240 C temperature and 60-65% humidity besides providing good aeration in time of spinning.
5. Spinning of cocoons completes within 2-3 days, so harvest cocoons on the 5th day in case of multivoltine and 6th day in bivoltine.
6. Collect good, double, flimsy and stained cocoons separately from the montage.
7. Clean the cocoons by removing floss.
8. Loosely pack the cocoons in a bamboo basket for transporting to market/reeling units/grainage.