1. The worms are mounted on a plant according to its carrying capacity.
2. The moulting worms should not be disturbed or transferred.
3. Disinfected triangular bamboo tray is used for transferring the worms.
4. Unequal worms/ irregular worms to be reared separately.
5. Dead/ diseased worms are removed, microscopic examination is conducted once in every stage of worms and if found infected by perbrine, the pebrinised lot are burned outside the rearing plot or 10% formaldehyde solution is put in and buried in a pit away from the rearing site.
6. In case of an outbreak of perbrine, after destroying the worms, defoliate the plants and spray 2% formaldehyde solution on the plants and also the basal area.
7. Bleaching powder /lime is dusted in the rearing plot regularly during the high humid condition.