Coir Crafts Making Process:
• The coir fibre is first sorted out and separated on the basis of their colour and other similarities. For making a toy, firstly, the design is to be finalised and made on the paper.
• Then according to the design they work on the proportion of the toys.
• For simple and small products, the coir is simply tied with the thread to make desired products. Sometimes if the product is quite small for instance, a leaf then cardboard is cut into
that shape and then coir is tied on it with thread and fevicol.
• A big toy or product is worked out in different parts. Different parts are made by different people and then all the parts are assembled together with the help of thread, needle and fevicol.
• For example, if a monkey had to be made in coir, its legs, hands, nose, face, and tail all are made separately by different people.
• Coloured wool is used for surface ornamentation like for eyes, clothes etc. depending on the design. Use of colour wool also enhances the look of the toy. For value addition, wooden beads and metal bells are also used.
• After the completion of the toy or product, it is dipped into diluted fevicol. This is done, so that the thread stiffens up and does not open up. Fevicol solution provides better durability and stability to the product or toy. The final product may take two days to six months to complete depending upon the size of the product.
Step by Step Process: