The list of papers was selected for presentation during the Typography Day 2016 Conference.
1. Gavin Ambrose, University of Brighton, UK
The rise and fall of typography
2. Hung Keung David, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Re-appropriating the concept of ‘play-appreciation’, and Dao’s cyclical sense of time and space through Chinese typography in digital media format
3. Randa Abdel Baki, Lebanese American Univeristy, Lebanon
Arabic calligraphy and patterns "contemporary calligraphic arabesque"
• Randa_Abdel Baki_TypographyDay-2016.pdf......
4. Jarek Bujny, Academy of Fine Art in Gdańsk, Poland
The emotional typography
5. Tarja Nieminen, Aalto University/School of Art, Design and Architecture, Finland
Lucas Nijs, Sint Lucas College of Arts, Antwerp, Belgium
Beginnings "Early Dynamic Digital Experiments in Type Design"
6. Brian Kwok, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University , Hong Kong
Examining the legibility of Chinese typefaces used in medicine label design for the elderly people
7. Mariko Takagi, Academy of Visual Arts, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
Letters, characters and pictorial interpretations: Exploring the semiotic layer of typography
8. Rikke Hansen, Designhoejskolen Hoejer, Denmark
Making is thinking, learning and experimenting in typography
9. Tina-Marie Whitman, School of Arts and Communication, Malmö University, Sweden
Why sketch? The role of sketching in typography and design from cognitive and educational perspectives
10. Joost Bottema, Merz Akademie, Stuttgart, Netherlands
Web, Print & Self Publishing