• Berkes F., Folke C., & Gadgil M. (1994). Traditional Ecological Knowledge, Biodiversity, Resilience and Sustainability. Biodiversity Conservation: Problems And Policies, 269-287. doi: 10.1007/978-94-011-1006-8_15
• Burgess E. (1860). Translation of the Surya-Siddhanta: E Text-book of Hindu Astronomy. India: American Oriental Society.
• Evans B. (2014). The Development of Mathematics Throughout the Centuries: A Brief History in a Cultural Context. Germany: Wiley.
• Kannikeswaran K. (n.d.). Arudra Darisanam. Retrieved February 23, 2022, from
• Krishnamachari S. (2013, August 8). Labour of love. The Hindu. Retrieved February 22, 2022, from
• Kumar K. S. (2013, January 24). Uttarayana & Dakshinayana. GeoGebra. Retrieved February 23, 2022, from
• McGovern N. (2020). The Triyampawai- Trippawai of Thailand and the Tamil traditions of Markali. The Journal of the Siam Society, 108(2), 123-148.
• Mohanlal S., Sharada B. A., Fatihi A. R., Gusain L., Bayer J. M., Ravichandran S. M., & Ramamoorthy L. (2011). Language in Andal's Thiruppavai.
• Rajarajan R. K. K. (January 2017). "Samapti-Suprabhatam - Reflections on South Indian Bhakti Tradition in Literature and Art"
• Ramanathan S. (2016, December 13). Madras music season, a festival of elite castes where Non-Brahmins are nearly invisible. The Wire. Retrieved February 24, 2022, from
• Samal S. (2020, December 24). Margasira Manabasa Gurubar osha. Srinibash Samal. Retrieved February 23, 2022, from
• Sarma R. K. (2008). Srutimahati. India: Pratibha Prakashan.
• Shekar A. (2020, August 13). Margazhi Music Festival will be held online this year: Madras Music Academy. The News Minute. Retrieved February 24, 2022, from
• Sri Katyayani Vrata. Katyayani Vratam. (2010, June 12). Retrieved February 22, 2022, from
• Surendran S. & Mani V. (2020, January 13). Mylapore festival in 2020, a cultural melange. The New Indian Express. Retrieved February 24, 2022, from
• Swaminathan C. (2016, November 2). Katha of a different kind. Retrieved February 24, 2022, from
• Swamy B. (n.d.). Importance of Tiruppavai. Andal Thiruppavai. Retrieved February 17, 2022, from
• Telanganatoday. (2021, December 8). SSM celebrates Margazhi music season festivities with 'Nagara Sankeerthanamu' - a first in Hyderabad. Telangana Today. Retrieved February 23, 2022, from
• UNESCO Creative Cities Network. (2017). Chennai. Chennai | Creative Cities Network. Retrieved February 24, 2022, from
• Wisdom Library. (2020, February 27). Chapter 1 - Fruit of the Holy Bath in the month of Margasirsha. Fruit of the Holy Bath in the Month of Margasirsha [Chapter 1]. Retrieved February 22, 2022, from
• Yaajnaseni. (2019, December 5). Why Margazhi month is auspicious: Understanding the science behind ancient Hindu calendar. Swarajyamag. Retrieved February 23, 2022, from